Welcome Tidal Waves!
For all team updates, including meets, download SwimTopia App & sign up to REMIND: Text @tealrun to 81010.
Begins Wednesday, June 7th.
Tuesday practices will be up to coaches discretion.
Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sat
All ages: 8am - 9 am
Wed and Thurs
10 & under: 6:45 - 7:30pm
11&up: 5:45 pm - 6:45 pm
Note: Age group times may be adjusted depending on the final number of swimmers in each group.
- Dryland workout may be part of the practice. Please, follow your coach’s instructions regarding clothing/shoes needed.
- If a swimmer has an ongoing conflict with their practice time a written request to change practice groups will be considered by the coach. The coach should be contacted via e-mail.
- Bring hydration, 2 towels, goggles and a swimcap or make sure their hair is out their face during practice.
Swimsuit fittings will be available at the pool everyday during practice time if you'd like to try on the suit before purchasing via website.
Who Can Join the Tidal Wave Team?
We accept swimmers ages 4-18. A swimmer younger than 5 is accepted on a case by case basis at the discretion of the Head Coach. Swimmers are given swim instructions and technique training, but from day one your child must not be afraid to get in the water, must be able to use a kick board unassisted to travel the length of the pool, stand/dog paddle in 3ft of water. If you are unsure about your child’s ability, the coaching staff can do an assessment with your child at the pool during practice.
Important Practice Information
SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND FOR OUR 2023 SEASON
- Please arrive with your child ready to swim 5 minutes before your designated practice time.
- Swimmers may not change at the pool – have your kids dressed in their swimsuits.
- No two-piece swimsuit or loose-fitting swim trunks allowed.
- Please bring your swimmer prepared to swim with the following items:
- Goggles (2)
- Swim cap
- A clearly marked water bottle
- Swimmers are to be dropped off at the side gate entrance.
- Parents, family & friends are to park in the side parking lot of the pool or at Burton parking lot only. No parking/drop-off at the front pool parking lot per the TRGMS HOA. No Exceptions.
- Parents are not allowed on deck or in the pool area at any time. Parents can sit on the outside of the gate, anywhere around the perimeter (bring your own chair) or wait in their vehicle.
- Dryland workout may be part of the practice.
- If a swimmer has an ongoing conflict with their practice time a written request to change practice groups will be considered by the coach & board. The coach & board should be contacted via e-mail.
- Coaches will be in physical contact with your kids (especially the young ones) in order to help them with their strokes.
- Coaches are NOT required to wear masks.
- If a swimmer is riding their bike to practice, they must have a bike lock. Bikes are not allowed inside the gate. 10 & under must be accompanied by an adult or older sibling.
- Swimmers must bring their pool bags with equipment inside the gate.
- Cell phones are not to be accessed during practice.
- Team photographers will be allowed in the pool area.